Sunday, December 2, 2012

Week 14

Group 11: Digital Divide Presentation
Here is the link to our presentation; each slide contains the relevant sources used:
http://csel.cs.colorado.edu/~vargasp/#(14)


Group 12; IPR, Copyright / Copyleft Presentation
Do you think the general patent period of 20 years is an acceptable time frame? 

I think intellectual property right is very important because it provides an incentive for further creativity and innovation.  At this point in my life I think the only intellectual property I create is my writing and photography, which is just for enjoyment purposes rather than profit.  I think it is important that intellectual property has a limited amount of time it is protected for because often times, good inventions can become great with only small changes or additions that other people can help contribute.  Something can be perfected or created most effectively with the impact from many people rather than just one sole creator. 


No comments:

Post a Comment